Modern slavery is a crime that results in terrible abuse of human rights. The crime includes slavery, servitude, child labour, forced or compulsory labour, and human trafficking (which for ease of reference is referred to as ‘Modern Slavery’). Baker Charles (Arbie ltd) is committed to take steps to ensure that its business is free from Modern slavery.
Baker Charles will only source labour through partners that demonstrate that they understand the Modern Slavery risks and take reasonable steps to avoid Modern Slavery abuses.
WE DECLARE AS FOLLOWS:
We are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity and to providing a service and following practices which are free from unfair and unlawful discrimination. The aim of this policy is to ensure that no applicant or member of staff receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be relevant to performance. It seeks also to ensure that no person is victimised or subjected to any form of bullying or harassment.
We value people as individuals with diverse opinions, cultures, lifestyles and circumstances. All employees are covered by this policy and it applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, selection, training, deployment, career development, and promotion. These areas are monitored and policies and practices are amended if necessary to ensure that no unfair or unlawful discrimination, intentional, unintentional, direct or indirect, overt or latent exists.
We have responsibility for implementing and monitoring the Equality and diversity policy and, as part of this process, all personnel policies and procedures are administered with the objective of promoting equality of opportunity and eliminating unfair or unlawful discrimination.
All employees, workers or self-employed contractors whether part time, full time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training, or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the Company.
Equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and compliance with the law is to the benefit of all individuals in our Company as it seeks to develop the skills and abilities of its people. While specific responsibility for eliminating discrimination and providing equality of opportunity lies with managers and supervisors, individuals at all levels have a responsibility to treat others with dignity and respect. The personal commitment of every employee to this policy and application of its principles are essential to eliminate discrimination and provide equality throughout the Company.
Our Commitment as an Employer
The Company is committed to:
• creating an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of our staff are recognised and valued
• entitling every employee, worker or self-employed contractor to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated
• providing training, development and progression opportunities to all staff
• understanding equality in the workplace is good management practice and makes sound business sense
• reviewing all our employment practices and procedures to ensure fairness
Our Commitment as a Service Provider
The Company is committed to:
• providing services to which all clients are entitled regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, offending past, caring responsibilities or social class
• making sure our services are delivered equally and meet the diverse needs of our service users and clients by assessing and meeting the diverse needs of our clients
• selecting those for employment, promotion, training, or any other benefit purely on the basis of aptitude and ability
• monitoring and reviewing this policy annually
• having clear procedures that enable our clients, candidates for jobs and employees to raise a grievance or make a complaint if they feel they have been unfairly treated
• treating breaches of our equality and diversity policy as misconduct which could lead to disciplinary proceedings
• encouraging all staff to come forward with any issues they need Company assistance and understanding with, no matter their background, identity or circumstances, such as if they are victims of domestic abuse or have caring commitments
Equal Opportunity Policy Statements
• ensure that people of all ages are treated with respect and dignity
• ensure that people of working age are given equal access to our employment, training, development and promotion opportunities and
• challenge discriminatory assumptions about younger and older people
• provide any reasonable adjustments to ensure disabled people have access to our services and employment opportunities
• challenge discriminatory assumptions about disabled people and
• seek to continue to improve access to information by ensuring availability of loop systems, braille facilities, alternative formatting and sign language interpretation
• challenge racism wherever it occurs
• respond swiftly and sensitively to racists incidents and
• actively promote race equality in the Company
• challenge discriminatory assumptions about women and men
• take positive action to redress the negative effects of discrimination against women and men
• offer equal access for women and men to representation, services, employment, training and pay and encourage other organisations to do the same
• provide support to prevent discrimination against transsexual people who have or who are about to undergo gender reassignment
• prohibit and respond to all instances of discrimination, both from colleagues and externally
• ensure that we take account of the needs of all sexual orientations
• promote positive images of all sexual orientations
Religion or belief
• ensure that employees’ religion or beliefs and related observances are respected and accommodated wherever possible and
• respect people’s beliefs where the expression of those beliefs does not impinge on the legitimate rights of others
Pregnancy or maternity
• ensure that people are treated with respect and dignity and that a positive image is promoted regardless of pregnancy or maternity
• challenge discriminatory assumptions about the pregnancy or maternity of our employees and
• ensure that no individual is disadvantaged and that we take account of the needs of our employees’ pregnancy or maternity
Marriage or civil partnership
• ensure that people are treated with respect and dignity and that a positive image is promoted regardless of marriage or civil partnership;
• challenge discriminatory assumptions about the marriage or civil partnership of our employees and
• ensure that no individual is disadvantaged and that we take account the needs of our employees’ marriage or civil partnership
We will ensure that all employees, male or female, have the right to the same contractual pay and benefits for carrying out the same work, work rated as equivalent work or work of equal value.
The Company recognises the dangers of unconscious bias arising at work, which is where an opinion is formed on an individual by a manager or colleague without them necessarily being aware they have formed it.
There are many different forms of unconscious bias, ranging from an affinity towards those of a similar background to placing too much significance on what has been identified as a negative trait.
The organisation will work against forms of unconscious bias in all decisions taken for employment, including recruitment, promotion and training opportunities, with a focus on promoting diversity and inclusion.
Baker Charles appreciates diverse hiring immensely having been founded by someone from an ethnic minority. We strive for diversity and are proud of our diversity in our own workforce, 25% being from an ethnic minority and 45% being female.
Baker Charles core values are integrity and delivery in order to build trust and our reputation. As part of these core values, therefore, diversity is at the heart of what we do. We shortlist candidates on appropriate and relevant skills and other specifications determined by the client. We only select candidates based on their qualifications, experience, and merit. We brief candidates on client commitment to diversity before their CV is submitted and use this information as a key selling point when briefing candidates. We are very proud of our diversity record to date.
Since Baker Charles was founded we are very proud that over 50% of the candidate’s we have placed have been female and over 25% have been of black, Asian or minority ethnic background.
Baker Charles is fully committed to diversity in the workplace.