Baker Charles are partnering with a global technology company to recruit a Financial Accountant on an initial 6-month fixed term contract, paying £55,000 per annum pro rata.
Reporting into the Senior Financial Accountant, this is an exciting time to join a business that has experienced year-on-year double digit growth and has cemented themselves as a dominant market leader in recent years.
The responsibilities for the role are:
- Support the half year and year end close process, ensuring that audit queries are dealt with swiftly and appropriately and audit adjustments processed in a diligent manner within the necessary guidelines.
- Partnering effectively with commercial finance to understand the budgeting and forecast for the relevant areas in detail and attending stakeholder meetings as and when required.
- Supporting group accounting activities to enable the efficient running of operations and the inclusion of central results across the group.
- Undertake necessary day-to-day transactional activity of the team, understanding variances.
- Proactively identifying problems and opportunities to standardise, streamline and improve processes.
- Provide the accurate numbers for all disclosures in the annual report and statutory accounts.
Additional Skills and Experience
- Newly Qualified Financial Accountant - ACA, ACCA or similar.
- Ability to complete work to a high standard whilst identifying opportunities for further improvement.
- Possess a strong attention to detail and able to provide precise reporting.
- Experience in a fast-paced global environment (desirable).
To be considered for this role, you will need to be immediately available or on a notice period less than 4 weeks.