Baker Charles are partnering with a rapidly growing technology company to recruit a Business Analyst in a newly created role.
As a Business Analyst, you will be responsible for enhancing the reporting capabilities to improve efficiencies and to deliver detailed insight across the Group.
In this role, you will work closely with senior stakeholders across the business to provide commercial insight and to understand further areas of improvement across the global client portfolio.
- Engaging with users to understand their reporting requirements, including anticipated future needs across the business.
- Analysing user requests & constructively challenging users to adopt Oracle standard where relevant.
- Creating functional specifications whilst collaborating with users across the Group, and working with the development team to validate requirements, define the solution, and oversee delivery of reports.
- Working with Process Design leads to ensure that reporting is in line with approved business processes.
- Carrying out impact assessment on reports relating to changes in chart of accounts, enterprise structure or other changes.
- Using Smartview to deliver reports and provide a backup support service for users.
- Fully qualified accountant.
- Experienced user of Smartview and Oracle Fusion.
- Previous working knowledge of the capability of various Fusion/Oracle reporting tools (OTBI, BI Publisher, FRS) would be advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of financial processes, and how the Oracle design reflects these processes.
- Understand financial statements and reports including Management and Statutory Accounts, P&Ls, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow Statements.
- Comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels across the business, delivering with quality and maintaining a level of urgency to meet deadlines.