Baker Charles is committed to ensuring that candidates’ privacy is protected. Should we ask for the provision of certain information, it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Baker Charles may change this policy from time to time to ensure compliance. This policy is effective from March 2016.
What we collect
When candidates register with Baker Charles, we collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- CV information
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand candidates’ career needs and focus and to provide candidates and clients with the best service:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send emails or newsletters, which may be of interest to candidates and clients, but only in compliance with the forthcoming GDPR legislation
- From time to time, we may also use information to contact candidates for market research purposes. We may contact candidates by email, phone, fax or mail but only with permission as per the above.
We are committed to ensuring that all of our candidates and clients information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, in hard copy and in person.
Controlling personal information
Candidates can choose to restrict the collection or use of personal information in the following ways:
- We are writing to candidates to ensure they are happy with their details remaining on our database
- We do not sell, distribute or lease personal information to third parties apart from the services we provide as recruiters to clients and candidates.
- Candidates are entitled to request details of personal information held under the Data Protection Act 1998. This will be superseded on 25th May 2018 by the General Data Protection Regulation, but the procedure of granting access to personal information remains the same at Baker Charles.
- We are committed to holding correct information that is legally compliant. We aim to always ensure this is the case but do offer candidates the opportunity to correct any information found to be incorrect or incomplete. We promptly correct any erroneous information.
Our privacy and security
- We have anti-virus software to protect against external hacking and update this regularly to reflect improvements in technology
- We password protect documents containing personal data and store them securely
- Our shared drive is stored in the Cloud
- We shred all confidential waste